Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coat with Potholder Pockets

Coat with Potholder Pockets: "
I am still working on my psuedo trench coat. It's not yet done. It's taking me awhile but I'm having lots of anxiety with this coat. It's my first: sleeves, piping, pockets, buttons and lining. Alot of first. I still have to do the buttons and lining.

I did manage to attach the sleeves. I must have done something wrong because it's not laying as smoothly as I would like. I was fighting my sewing machine to put those dang things on but it's good enough for this coat.
I decided to put a piping detail around the pockets to tie in the piping above the pockets. I've been looking at it for a week now and I still hate them. I thought they would eventually grow on me but they look like potholders attached to my coat. I also sewed the piping on very sloppily. I just remembered sewing them on and kept thinking this is gonna be a stupid idea doing these piping so I think I had already started talking myself out of the idea and did not commit to do a good job. Now I'm gonna have to rip them out which is more work. Oh well. If I don't do it, I will never wear this coat at all. I'm determined that this coat will be wearable. Everything I've done thus far are NOT WEARABLE. So far I do not like anything that I've done with the exception of my doggy clothes. The coat is not perfect but I really want this to work. The saga continues. Who knows, maybe by summer time, I'll finish it finally.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment