Wednesday, April 7, 2010

glueing fabric to my walls (and a book wreath)

glueing fabric to my walls (and a book wreath): "I saw a book wreath by Living with Lindsay a while back and thought it was pretty dang cute. So I made one. And then I hung it up on the sad, white walls of my apartment and was a little disappointed:

That's a lot of white on white - we're not allowed to paint. Sometimes apartment dwelling sucks. When I finally own a house, the walls are going to have color!

I didn't want my pretty wreath to go to waste though, so I tried something a little daring and pasted fabric to my wall! (click on the link for instructions and the cornstarch paste recipe). Ok, so it isn't really daring. It is actually very apartment-friendly, because the fabric will just peel off when it is time to come down (I can even wash the fabric and re-use it!). A little color goes a long way, don't you think?


It was so much fun I have been looking for other places to paste fabric. Like this little peekaboo of color I added to the peephole on our front door:


I still have about a quart of cornstarch paste left over. This could get dangerous.
Thanks for subscribing!
"

No comments:

Post a Comment