Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy Weekend!

Busy Weekend!: "The weekend I have been planning for is finally here! My best friend's bridal shower is tomorrow and I want to make it an Italian feast she will never forget! This theme has been a lot of fun to work with because decor and food for it is so easy and fun! Here is a sneak peek of what she'll get tomorrow:

Venetian invitations were the first window into the theme


We'll start off with a delicious caprese salad


Lasagna will be one of many dishes served


What's an Italian feast without cannolis?


Italian wine will be tasted...


...using these hand-painted wine glasses, which guests will take home to keep


One of the games will be 'Guess the herb'

I am really excited about the centerpieces I will be creating. I am burning red taper candles on old wine bottles to create a look similar to ones found in Italian restaurants. I will be placing vines and fake grapes around the bottles and bringing it all together with a letter G in the middle, for her new last name.

So wonderful readers, I will be MIA this weekend but I have set my Science Sunday to post as usual so make sure to look out for that. I will be back on Monday with pictures of the bridal shower and bachelorette party. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and Viva la Italia!
"

No comments:

Post a Comment