Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Size 6 Skirt to Maternity Skirt Tutorial

Size 6 Skirt to Maternity Skirt Tutorial: "One of my sisters gave me this cute skirt from Target. Cute but not gonna fit my belly much longer! Yay! We're expecting another kiddo in October! God is gracious to us.
Back to the skirt:

So I chopped off the top right below the pleats and zipper.


She also gave me this tank top, whose shortness made it useless as a tank top to me so.....
I had this thought:


And cut just below the straps and tag portion of the tank. It is a great stretchy knit from GAP and will work perfectly!



Then I insided out the tank and fit it over the right side of the skirt, lining up the side seams.


And sewed a small zig-zag around it. Normally, I could have done this on my serger in half the time but that would have meant re-threading a spool that just ran out and I didn't have the mental capacity for it that morning. This Mama is exhausted!


So I zig-zagged the edges when I was done.


This is what it looks like now. Would make a cute tube dress if I were a tube dress sort of girl. But I'm not.


So I'll wear it folded above or below the belly, whichever whim I feel like following that day.








"

No comments:

Post a Comment