Friday, March 26, 2010

colorful canvas eggs tutorial

colorful canvas eggs tutorial: "


I've put together a handful of Easter projects that I will sharing in the days ahead! Since I love working with canvas I just had to come up with a way to make canvas eggs. These colorful eggs are made from (my favorite) Studio Sticky-Back Canvas! I decided it made more sense and was much cheaper to buy a bag of plastic eggs (24 for 1.99) and use creative ways to transform them!




If you haven't used Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky-Back Canvas - you must try- it is a sheet of canvas with a sticky back, just peel off and stick to anything!
Start by cutting strips of canvas.

If you do not have Sticky-Back Canvas, you could use strips of canvas, fabric or paper with glue. I chose canvas because I love the texture.


Wrap the strips of canvas around the egg (either horizontal or vertical).



I did not care about the eggs opening so I covered the seam on the egg but you could also keep the seam so it opens and closes.



Once the entire egg is covered in canvas, paint with diluted paint. This will soak into the canvas and let the texture show through.



Create little canvas flowers.

Remember the Blooming Belt Tutorial that I made a while back?
I created these little canvas flowers the same way I did for the belt, just smaller.



Glue the flower to the top of the canvas (any glue will work).
Paint the flower.



Add details to the flower with colorful dimensional paint.









Create a colorful variety of eggs to use in your Easter festivities!

















"

No comments:

Post a Comment