Monday, March 29, 2010

hand-dyed vintage seam binding tutorial

hand-dyed vintage seam binding tutorial: "

I love seam binding. It's a delicate ribbon that comes in hundreds of gorgeous shades. I just did a video tutorial for Lasting Memories that shows how to turn this pretty ribbon. . .


. . .into this vintage-looking ribbon. Isn't it stunning? Artists are selling it on Etsy, but it's really not that hard to make yourself.


I loved the way they package their seam binding over at this Etsy shop, so I copied it to give some of my ribbon away to a friend. If you don't want to make your own, this shop has some gorgeous options!

I love using it on cards, scrapbook pages, and projects with a vintage feel. So pretty!


A friend at work pointed out that even though she's not very good at tying bows, it doesn't matter with this stuff. It's very forgiving.

Here's my tutorial. Enjoy!

"

No comments:

Post a Comment