Thursday, March 25, 2010

Creamsicle corset: construction & trim idea

Creamsicle corset: construction & trim idea: "

JRT_5017


Construction continues…


Curvy enough at the bust that it can’t lay flat anymore:



JRT_5025


Pressing over a ham:


JRT_5026


JRT_5028


How it holds the shape after pressing:


JRT_5029


Center front – seam clipping is showing through so I’m going to have to only clip the back portion in future:

JRT_5022


It was hard to get the presser foot to deal evenly with the different levels of thickness in this section:


JRT_5020

I might have to change which foot I use part way though and switch it back after that bump. Logistics! That is why I’m doing this up as a sample first- to work out the kinks.


I have a few more seams to do but the corset is coming together nicely :) I’m trying to figure out how to do the upper edge trim.

JRT_5036


This is embroidered net. I think I want to have it slightly dip into a “v” at front. I like the heavier embroidery along the bottom edge.


JRT_5034


But really the scallops would be perfect at the top edge smoothing over the top binding edge like in historical corsets. So do I flip the lace & find another lace trim to put along the bottom of the net? Do I just stitch the net on and leave it raw on the bottom. Do I do it very non-traditional and have the scallops at the bottom and just bind the raw edge of the net into the top of the corset. Hmm…


I’m not trying to make this historical so all these are options. Today I’ll decide and get this girl finished up!

Well not totally finished since I also want to also floss the bottom of all the bones in white and add more boning channels before putting in the lining. In fact I still need to cut out the lining. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and start a project before it is all cut out – a bad habit! But it means I’m excited :)




"

No comments:

Post a Comment