Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Going My Own Way...

I'm Going My Own Way...: "I stopped doing reviews of new pattern offerings years ago. There are so many bloggers out there that do the reviews much better and then actually go on to make the patterns. Patterns just seem to be inspiration to me and I tend to go my own way, but they still stir my creative juices and make me believe that there are new possibilities just over the horizon.

So today when I saw Erica's post about the new Summer Vogues, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to get home to view the listings. And now here I sit deflated...because there was NOTHING there for me. I can usually find at least one, two, three or five patterns that I want from the new selections, but this time nada, zip, zippo...

And I'm sad...because I think this Kay Unger dress can be graded up to at least a size 30 ~ why doesn't Vogue?


...and this one...is a great party dress...if you only want a size 22!


But if I want to wear a bag with a square shoulders and a large cowlneck...oh and let's not forget the designer version of that look...or gathers at the neck or on the shoulders or a large v-neck, or a caftan (seriously that was the best Ralph Rucci garment they could find!) any of those patterns will do.

So what's a fashionable fat girl suppose to do? Why go her own way! Thank God for TNT patterns cause I won't be purchasing any of these offerings...and yet, here I sit, sad that there is nuthin for me...*sigh*
"

No comments:

Post a Comment